Monday, November 27, 2006

Backpacking in the Sierra Nevada - July, 2004

The Sierra Nevada mountain range is my neighborhood. The John Muir Wilderness is my backyard. I grew up here.
When I have the chance to visit, it is pure Magic.



We had to hike about 200 feet up to find suitable
facilities. The view was worth it.
Garnet Lake, CA


Near the headwaters of Rush Creek, CA


One of my favourite fishing holes. Clark Lakes, CA


Josh and Katya. Above Agnew Lake, CA


My day started very early because of the bear.
I was mad.
Then, when I looked West, my first thought was to thank the bear.
Garnet Lake, CA

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger christopher clad said...

would that be garnet lake as in garnet and thousand island lake? Mount Ritter and Banner Peak. My old stomping ground as well, I live in the Rockies now and miss the Sierra terribly- Thank you for the beautiful photographs.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Solo said...

That is indeed the Garnet Lake you mention. I, too, miss it terribly.
That place just has a way of getting inside of you...
Thanks for your kind words.
I hope you get the opportunity to come back and see it in person again!

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home